10/12/2015

The Fruit Hunter Experience.(How to make cranberry jam at home)


Fruit Hunters Experience
:: Sub title - How to make cranberry jam at home ::


 Welcome to "Daniel-land" today!
I hope all of my describers enjoy today well.
Alright, today I’m going to post about 
my first experience cranberry 
which I bought from Saint Lawrence Market, 
one of famous local market in Toronto.






That was my third times to visit Saint Lawrence market.
It takes about 10 minutes from King subway station.
Watch the signs be carefully.





Now, we are at Saint Lawrence Market!
Why don’t we go inside together?
Let’s look around inside.






If you have a chance to visit Saint Lawrence Market,
I recommend you try the hand-crafted sausages in there.
Those sausages are really awesome when you eat them with beer.
Yummy~!






Speaking of farmer’s market in there, 
they sell fruits, vegetables, 
and other various ingredients from Ontario local farm. 





Indeed, people could enjoy healthy 
fresh fruits whenever they want it in here.





I’ve chosen the store “Webb’s farm fresh produce”,
 because they have a clear sign on their store for customers. 
I was pretty excited buying fruits in farmer’s market, 
because that was my first time 
to try the Ontario local fresh ingredient.





Could you see those wonderful red cranberries?
Actually, it is really hard to have fresh cranberry 
in Korea which is my national country; 
they just have some dried one only 
in the huge industrial supermarket mostly. 
Buying fresh cranberry easily makes me interesting.
I got some farm information of the cranberry.
The name of farm is “Iroquois Cranberry Growers”; 
it is from Bala, Ontario, Canada.
I tried it right after I bought it, 
and I found it is not easy to eat them fresh, 
because they have super sour taste.





 So, I decided to make cranberry jam!
Let’s make it together.

# Ingredients
500g Cranberry, 500g sugar, 1pc lemon(for zest)





Wash them flowing cold water three to four times.





And then, strain the water clearly as well as you could do.





Grind lemon peel via zester being carefully 
not to grind the white part under yellow lemon peel, 
because they have a bitter taste; 
it’s better to do not use that part.





 Put half amount of washed cranberries 
into the blander, and mix it 1 minute.





Add them in the bottom of the pot first.





After adding ground cranberries, put a half amount sugar, 
fresh cranberry, and remained sugar on them.





 It’s time to heat them.
Set the flame medium-high.





Just let them simmer 
approximately 4~5 minutes in medium-high flame.





While they are simmering, we are going to 
disinfect the jar in boiling water about 4~5 minutes. 
This is pretty crucial step preventing 
growing bacteria in the bottle 
after we put cranberry jam in there.





Now, add ground lemon zest.




And then, reduce the flame into medium-low; 
boil them about 15~20minutes 
until unnecessary moisture from the inside cranberry.






Look at the texture above picture.
It will be getting richer than cooking before.






After cool down it in room temperature for 30 minutes, 
move them into the sterilized bottle.






Before I cook them, it has too much sour taste; 
they are in good balance between sour and sweet 
after boil them with sugar and lemon zest. 
I recommend enjoying this healthy hand-crafted cranberry jam 
with yogurt and some cereal for your breakfast.





No comments:

Post a Comment